Monday, February 4, 2008

Inaugural Post, Prestidigitation of Oracle beta 0.1

I have been contemplating starting my own blog for a few weeks now. At first, wondering if it made any sense to add to the already cluttered Oracle Blogspace. After some serious thinking, I decided, 'why not'. I have a lot of opinions and ideas to offer on a myriad of topics. There's always room for a few more in this space.


The first hurdle was to come up with a name. Sure, I could just use my name, or some variation of my nicknames I've accumulated over the years, but I wanted something new, something bordering on clever. This post initiates the "Prestidigitation of Oracle' blog. The Parlour of Prestidigitation was always one of my favorite rooms at the Magic Castle. I've always been fascinated by the word itself. It seems fitting for a blog that will more than likely focus on Oracle topics and concepts be revered for its mysticism. Seeing as it one of the most highly customizable, tunable, robust database platforms out there.


So, without further ado, I present Beta 0.1 of Prestidigitation of Oracle
. I plan on focusing on Oracle topics and things I do on a daily basis for now, with some possible anecdotes on life thrown in.

3 comments:

da.bimmer said...

wooh hoo! Try to put something we could use in the trenches, vato.

da.bimmer said...

I do like the blog name, but it sure is a tongue twister. Deceitfully clever, huhh. Your label name is mispelled.

bimmer said...

Looking for your latest prestidigitation!